Saturday, January 10, 2009

Learn something new every day

They say to keep your mind sharp, a person should challenge themselves frequently buy learning something new. This could be a huge project, like getting an advanced degree (congrats again-you know who you are) or frequent small challenges on a daily basis. Today I discovered a trick that I'm sure will benefit me in the not so distant future. However, like in the Wedding Singer, I wish I would have know this 3 weeks ago!
Apparently, adding liquid dish detergent to warm water, then pouring it over your iced walkway, porch steps and/or driveway, will melt the ice then keep it from refreezing. Homemade de-icer.
Not only have I slightly decreased my mental aging process by learning something new, but now I won't fall and break an aging hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment