Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mickey Mouse


Who doesn't love Disneyland? Well, there are a few people who find the wholesomeness, and gentleness of it boring, but to me, those people are the boring ones. I've enjoyed many trips to Disneyland over the years. Every one enjoyed for different reasons, going with a boyfriend, as a newlywed, taking my kids for the first time, then second and third times as they got older and were able to appreciate it in a new way. I have yet to see the latest..California Adventure. I go to LA once or twice a year, but haven't had the opportunity to take the time to visit the happiest place on earth. Opportunity is now knocking on my door. As part of the Obama plan urging Americans to volunteer, Disney is giving a 100% free entrance ticket to anyone willing to put in one day of volunteer work. I am all over it. I want to go to Disneyland!
The project is called, "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day". I am lucky enough to have a free place to stay in LA, so the trip will cost me either airfare or gas/time. I can't wait. Be sure and check the sign up site frequently most of the opportunities in my area, are already taken for January.
Sometimes, it's hard to make time to "pay back". Disney is giving you an added incentive to volunteer. Who knows, if you do it once you might just get hooked on how good it feels to do something that actually adds something to our world.
Hope to see you at the California Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment