Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


Tomorrow will be the first Thanksgiving in my life without my mom. It will also be the first in 29yrs without my oldest son Alex.  Mom's funeral is Saturday and my nephew is  coming to town for that, arriving at 6:30pm.  We'll be having our dinner when they get to my dad's house.  My sister and I will be doing all the cooking at my dad's to make it easier on everybody.  During the day, we'll have smoked turkey sandwiches (thanks to Bill) while we get the dinner bird ready for a late meal. So much has happened in our lives this past year and though most of it was heartbreaking, stressful and exhausting, the fact that we've been so blessed to this point is not lost on our family. Unfortunately, loss is part of life. Never the less, we are very thankful to be able to be together this holiday.

Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul.
Margaret Wakeley


No comments:

Post a Comment